Below are some answers to popular questions we are asked. We look forward to working with you!
1. Installation – Our installation for your home includes a single penetration and up to 300ft of outdoor rated cable with a weatherproofing/sealant.
a. If the antenna needs to be over 300ft from your network equipment distribution we would consider this a custom installation.
b. If there is an existing Cat5e or Cat6 cable that passes a data test we will be happy to use this cable to avoid any custom installation charges.
c. The outside wall is rock, we will find a conduit to bring the cable inside your home and we would consider this a custom installation.
2. Metering – Our service has no metering or monthly data limits so the usage is unlimited each month within your speed tier.
3. Which Plan do I Need? – Many are asking if the 50Mbps down/10Mbps up plan is recommended.
The 40 and 50 Mbps plans are both our most popular. While we do see the 40Mbps/4Mbps works for most, if you have many people using the connection for movie watching we would recommend trying the 50Mbps plan if you see congestion. Also, if you remotely connect to your home to monitor cameras, temperature, printers, or other systems you will see better performance on our 50Mbps plan because the upload speed is 3x faster.
4. Latency – Our service is delivered wirelessly, and most of our customers see less than 40ms of latency to their router/firewall.
5. Static IP Address – We do offer static IP addresses if necessary. If you aren’t sure if you need one, you probably don’t need one, but we are happy to discuss it further and you can add it at any time.
6. Need More Speed? – Our standard plans are listed on our website (https://path-finder.us/#plans) but we do offer custom enterprise packages allowing us to deliver up to 500Mbps up and down if required. If that is of interest to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.